Motivation at the Final Stages

Here we are in module 3, where did all that time go! Well it’s been a strange but rewarding journey thus far and after my supervision with Adesola my brain that was once clouded with an overwhelming sense of worry about module three suddenly seems much clearer. Although I now need to steer my module three in a slightly new direction, I now know my first few steps to getting started. It’s easy to feel a lack of motivation when your daily tasks build up, your circumstances change during the pandemic and the handbook is staring you in the face. I wonder if this is a natural response that many of you have felt? So let’s move forward together, as my inquiry topic surrounds mental health in performing arts I aim in this module to stay better connected with other students. Maybe someone else is feeling how I felt? Or someone has similar questions to my inquiry topic that we could discuss. My point is that although we may all be feeling slightly overwhelmed especially with our normal choice of career being put on hold, what we do have is a community. Just as Adesola helped to organised my scattered thoughts by having an open conversation, I attempt to help others by discussing the module and creating a prospective that is less intimidating. Let’s do this! 

Comments

  1. I completely understand. I feel a bit overwhelmed, and end up procrastinating a LOT. I will try to call Adesola during office hours next week. I am glad your call with her cleared things up. It is hard to suddenly 'get' motivation. I find that my motivation is there when I do not even acknowledge it, when I am so subconsciously happy and productive I do not see it as 'motivation'.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Area of Interest - Mental Health Within My Practice

Making BIG Decisions on my Inquiry